A look at the shifting Military Culture through two decades of war.
For more than a decade, I have been studying the military culture. I have listened to families behind confidential doors of the counseling office, watched the impact of DOD defense budget on families, trends in social media and more. All of this has been compiled into the Leading Generations Workshop where leaders learn:
– Generational differences in work style, motivation, and views of authority.
– The high-level story of how we got to where we are.
– Discover why families are not turning out for social and family readiness events.
– Information Distribution and Engagement: understanding the largest communication shift in 500 years and how that impacts the military tribe’s cohesiveness.
– Q & A: An opportunity to clarify, ask questions, and vision cast solutions for challenging trends and obstacles.
If you have been to the Leading Generations Workshop, you can find below some of the resources mentioned as well as ways to interact with the material.
Check back often for updates and additions to this constantly evolving topic of the shifting military culture.
Download the Generation One Sheet
Quick tips and resources
What Generation are you?
Take the poll below
Here is a list of articles that are recommended for additional reading: