I’ve traveled the world investing in service families and with deployed troops in Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan and aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf aiming to bridge the gaps that exist in military marriages.
I believe it is important to make every person in the room feel seen and understood, so my approach is to do what we service families do best- dig deep quickly. Families will leave the event with new purpose, direction, and hope.
Whether you are looking to ground your event with a meaningful content or take your team dynamics to a more productive level, there are lots of ways to work together.
Check out the USO Series
“You’re Leaving, Again?” follows Matt and I over the course of a six month deployment. You will listen in as we authentically share everything from the tension before the tearful goodbye to the struggle to reintegrate on the other side. Along the way, we will touch on important topics that we believe every military marriage has questions about. We cover parenting, communication, intimacy while apart, and even how to restore your relationship after deep emotional wounding. We will also share what we decided to do during this deployment to connect and grow as a couple, all while the unexpectedness of life (and COVID-19) attempted to sabotage everything.
Frequently Requested Topics
- Motivating unproductive teams
- Internal Leadership/Career Development
- Enhancing internal communication
- Changing unhealthy internal relationship patterns.
- Becoming stronger team leads
- Recognizing blind spots in leadership
- Communicating where others will listen
- Conflict Reduction
- Communicating with confidence
- Becoming a Power Couple
- Strengths-based Leadership Development
- Closing gaps in experience and intimacy
- Finding each other after deployment
- Affair & betrayal recovery
- Boundaries in marriage
- Changing unhealthy patterns in marriage
- “I lost myself” finding your identity again in the relationship
- Self-care during early years of motherhood
- Military spouse wellness
- Military spouse resentment
- Why are we not happy: a needs based assessment
- Learning to be present again
- Finding your identity & purpose
- How to say “no” when you want to say yes
- Generational differences in military culture
- The impact of social media on military families
- Strengths-based leadership
- Current trends in military spouse wellness
- Telehealth is the answer to spouse employment & licensure
- The win-win-win of tricare behavioral health
- Cultural competency in military behavioral health
Check out my events blog for examples of past events and upcoming events already scheduled!