FEBRUARY 3, 2021 IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
AMERICAN SNIPER WIFE EXPANDS FOUNDATION TO REACH U.S. MILITARY AND SERVICE COMMUNITY DURING COVID-19 CHALLENGING TIMES
- The Taya and Chris Kyle Foundation – Service Family Strong, formerly known as the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation, announced today that long-time foundation Ambassador, Corie Weathers has been named as the organization’s new National Clinical Director of Programming.
- Founded by Taya Kyle in honor of her husband ‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle, the Taya and Chris Kyle Foundation is devoted to serving the nation’s defenders, veterans, and first responders, by creating unique programs designed to enrich the marriage and family.
- Executive Director, Taya Kyle enlisted Weathers at a pivotal growth point for the foundation, selected for her deep understanding of military and first responder culture as an advocate and licensed professional counselor spanning over 20 years.
“Corie brings an unmatched set of credentials to TACK-F and her own unique talents to serve the TACK-F mission.”, Taya Kyle shares.
- The addition of Weathers comes after an even more challenging year for service families and the country. The global pandemic and national tension towards first responders has significantly increased the need for mental health support and innovative programming for those who have continued to serve and protect the nation without pause.
“2020 was an incredibly difficult year for service families. Relocations, deployments, and the need for our first responders did not slow down for the pandemic. If anything, it added more stress to an already exhausted community.” – says Corie Weathers
- With COVID-19 restrictions still in place for many service members, TACK-F will provide resources accessible from home or while deployed for couples to access together. That also includes programming that will specifically be tailored for the spouses at home juggling the family.
“I am honored to join an amazing team that is dedicated to serve these families with evidenced-based resources that will restore and heal in some truly innovative ways. They deserve our very best and we aim to breathe life back into their home and family.” Weathers states.
To learn more about the TACK-F mission for marriage, visit www.ckffdn.org
To interview Taya Kyle or Corie Weathers, email: ANGELA BLAIR, ANGELA@CKFFDN.ORG W: 424.332.6319
ABOUT TAYA KYLE: Taya Kyle is an American author and military veteran’s family activist. Known as the widow of US Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, she was portrayed by Sienna Miller in the 2014 film American Sniper about her husband’s life. Kyle is the author of American Wife and American Spirit. She also launched a jewelry brand bridging fashion and faith in 2020, Warrior Collections.
ABOUT TACK-F: The Taya and Chris Kyle Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded by Taya Kyle to honor the life and legacy of her husband, “American Sniper” Chris Kyle. Chris and Taya knew first-hand the challenges military families encounter from their lives of service. They experienced their own trials as both individuals and as a couple and were blessed to know many other couples in both the military and first responder communities. Prior to Chris’ untimely passing in February 2013, he was developing his vision for TACK-F programs to support military and first responder communities. Today, Taya and the team are fulfilling Chris’ vision through the development and delivery of life-changing, impactful programs and services to support communities across our nation.
ABOUT CORIE WEATHERS: Corie has spent over 20
years in the mental health field serving primarily military and first responder
families. In 2015, Corie was named the 2015 Armed Forces Insurance Military
Spouse of the Year where she advocated for mental health issues and served as a
media correspondent writing online and print publications, consulting for
command teams, and speaking to groups on issues like PTSD, grief, and marriage.
Weathers also traveled with the Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter overseas in
2016 visiting troops in Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Persian Gulf. Corie
authored Sacred Spaces: My Journey to the Heart of Military Marriage and has devoted her time encouraging families through her
inspirational podcast, traveling globally to speak to military spouses, and
helping service organizations build sustainable, high quality, programming that
makes a true impact.